To create a Swan account our custodial service requires:
- You are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- A valid US photo ID (e.g. Drivers License, ID card, Passport)
- A picture of your face
- A valid US address
- If an address is not listed on your ID, then you must upload a utility bill with your address from within the past 90 days.
- A valid US Social Security Number
- An active US bank account
- Your bank's ACH routing number and your bank account number.
- Swan works in all states and US territories except for New York. Swan is not available outside the United States and there is no current timeline for operating in other countries or New York.
These are required to comply with United States law. There are no exceptions. Swan cannot serve people who do not have proof of US residency. If you live elsewhere, here is a list of places to buy Bitcoin across the world.
For an overview of Swan Bitcoin read here.