We regret to inform you that, after working with Hawaii state regulators, our custodian Prime Trust can no longer service customers that reside in Hawaii. As such, Swan has been notified that all Hawaiian residents must leave the platform by July 2nd.
As of June 8th, 2022:
- Future USD deposits on your account have been disabled (both wire and ACH)
- Recurring purchasing plans will continue to run for one more week with no more deposits.
- If you were on a prepaid plan, we will be refunding your current prepaid fees in full.
- If you have a USD balance sitting in Swan, please navigate to My Deposits to and click “Convert Now” into Bitcoin so that you can withdraw it.
- If you have a Bitcoin balance, please navigate to your Swan Dashboard to withdraw it by July 2nd. Here are instructions for how to withdraw from Swan. We always encourage you to withdraw to your own wallet, and we have written this article to help you navigate your options. That said, if you are more comfortable moving to a different custodian or exchange you can also transfer your Bitcoin there.
- During the week of June 20th, 2022 (date TBD), we will be hosting a private webinar for all Hawaii residents to cover Bitcoin withdrawals and self custody in more detail.
If you have since moved from Hawaii to a different state or country, please contact support and we will work with you to collect documentation and restore access to your account.
If in addition to your Swan Bitcoin account, you have an active Swan force referral URL, this policy change will block access to your referral dashboard and statistics, even though you can continue to earn referral fees. Going forward you will have to contact support to receive payouts associated with your Swan force URL.