Note: This feature is currently in beta. To enable this on your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In partnership with Wise.com, non-US customers can now use the entirely of Swan's platform! This means you can do:
- Instant "Smash" Buys
- Reoccurring Buys i.e. Savings Plans
- ACH Transfers for Large Purchases
Please follow the below instructions and email email@example.com with any questions!
- Section 1: Setup - Creating your Wise USD Bank Account
- Section 2: Instant Buys & Recurring Buys - Connecting your Wise USD Bank Account to Swan Directly
- Section 3: Large, One-Time Purchases - Sending an ACH Transfer from Wise into Swan
PART 1: Setup - Creating your Wise USD Bank Account
If you are having difficulty setting up a USD Account, please see this Wise FAQ Page and contact their support for more information
1. In Wise, click Open an Account (red, below)
2. Select US Dollar
3. Click Get Account Details
NOTE: If you are setting up Wise for the first time, you will need to first enter in your international bank account details prior to this step.
4. Follow the on-screen steps to transfer money from your non-US Bank to your USD Wise Account
PART 2: Instant Buys & Recurring Buys - Connecting your Wise USD Bank Account to Swan
Use the below instructions to store your Wise USD Account information in Swan. Doing so will enable you to Buy Instantly and do Recurring Buys
1. Once you have funds in your Wise USD Account, click Your Account -> More -> Direct Debits
2. Select Set up Direct Debit
3. Select USD to view your bank information
5. Once connected, you can buy from the Swan.com Dashboard and Swan will automatically debit your Wise USD account!
PART 3: Large, One-Time Purchases - Sending an ACH Transfer from Wise into Swan
If you are looking to make a large purchase in Swan, we recommend doing an ACH Transfer from Wise into Swan. When you send a transfer this way, your Bitcoin will be unlocked for withdrawal in 24 hours!
1. Once you have funds in your Wise Account, click Send Money
2. Select Same Currency -> USD
3. Select Business or Charity
Note: if you use Swan's international wire instructions (Royal Business Bank), the transfer will fail.
5. Select Account Type: Checking
Once sent, your transfer will typically arrive within 1-3 business hours. However, if you are sending later than 3pm Central Time, your wire will likely settle in the morning of the next business day.