If you are located outside of the United States and are having difficulty sending money into Swan from your bank, please follow the below instructions to use Wise.
- Section 1: Setting up your Wise USD Bank Account
- Section 2: Connecting your Wise USD Bank Account to Swan
- Section 3: Sending a wire into Swan from your Wise Bank Account
Note: While you can send a Wire Transfer (Section 3) into Swan in almost any currency, you must use a Wise USD Bank Account to do Smash Buys and Recurring Buys (Section 2)
PART 1: Setting up your Wise USD Bank Account
If you are having difficulty setting up a USD Account, please see this Wise FAQ Page and contact their support for more information
1. In Wise, click Open an Account (red, below)
2. Select US Dollar
3. Click Get Account Details
NOTE: If you are setting up Wise for the first time, you will need to first enter in your international bank account details prior to this step.
4. Follow the on-screen steps to transfer money from your non-US Bank to your USD Wise Account
PART 2: Connecting your Wise USD Bank Account to Swan
1. Once you have funds in your Wise USD Account, click Your Account -> More -> Direct Debits
2. Select Set up Direct Debit
3. Select USD to view your bank information
4. Follow the steps on this Swan help page to connect your Wise USD bank account (above) to Swan!
PART 3: Sending a wire into Swan from your Wise Bank Account
Note: You do not need a USD Account to Wire money into Swan; you can use almost any currency.
1. Once you have funds in your Wise Account, click Send Money
2. Select Same Currency -> USD
3. Select Business or Charity
4. Fill out the wire using the USA Wire Instructions from your Wire Instructions in the top-right menu of your Swan Dashboard.
Note: Select Account Type = Checking
Once sent, your wire will typically arrive within 1-3 business hours. However, if you are sending later than 3pm Central Time, your wire will likely settle in the morning of the next business day.