If you are trying to connect your US bank account to Swan and having issues, please try these troubleshooting ideas:
- Click on "edit plan" on your dashboard and then click through to re-enter your bank account information again. Double-check to make sure that you have entered your bank account information properly, with no typos, no spaces, and no dashes.
- Some bank accounts have two different types of routing numbers (ACH payments vs wires). Please make sure that you select the ACH payment type routing number.
- If you have a brokerage account (eg: Fidelity or Charles Schwab), savings account, and checking account, please only link your bank checking account to Swan. Then call or talk to your bank to make sure your bank account is set up to allow frequent pull ACH transfers and that Prime Trust is not disallowed from making ACH pull transfers.
- As a last resort, please try linking another bank account to Swan, preferably a bank account with a large national bank rather than a small credit union or fintech bank. Unfortunately, small banks, new fintech banks, or newly opened accounts at any bank sometimes are not recognized by our bank-account checking system.
If none of the above resolves the issue, please write to our support team through our help form.
Finally, please note that you always have the option of using a Wire Transfer. Wire Transfers are the best way to make larger purchases. Please follow the instructions here.
Please note that Swan's banking partners require that you an ACH Transfers to send US Dollars. If your bank does not support ACH payments, you have two options:
1. Large Purchases - Wire Transfers
If you are looking to make larger purchases (>$2,500 USD), the fastest, lowest cost option is a Wire Transfer. We can accept transfers in all major currencies! Please follow the instructions here.
2. Small Purchases - Wise.com (formerly Transferwise)
If you are looking to make smaller purchases, please use Wise.com! Wise can provide you with a USD account which you can then use to make ACH Transfers. Please follow the instructions here.